On January 30th presenters from the US Federation of Worker Cooperatives, The Greenhorns, The National Young Farmers Coalition and cooperative farm practitioners discussed:
- Examples of how the worker cooperative model is being used to share land and other resources to enable farmers to overcome barriers to entry and share land and labor
- The basics of worker cooperative start-ups
- Attendies questions on worker cooperative farm structure, operations, management and governance
- Faith Gilbert- author of Cooperative Farming, a SARE-sponsored guidebook on collaborative business models for small and beginning farmers and a co-founder of Letterbox Collective Farm.
- Joe Rinehart- Rural Programs Coordinator with the US Federation of Worker Cooperatives and the Democracy at Work Institute
- Sophie Ackoff- Membership and Development Coordinator, National Young Farmers Coalition
Frederic Theriault, Tourne-Sol Cooperative Farm
Dylan Zeitlyn, Diggers Mirth Farm
The Power Point for the presentation can be found here, and the prezi presentation can be found here.