The Democracy at Work Institute offers consulting services to cooperatives, cooperative developers, and organizations exploring whether and how to undertake cooperative development.
We offer three main services:
Consulting from the Institute staff and partner consultants.
The DAWI team offers consulting in:
- Financial Systems Setup
- Cooperative Accounting Practices
- Democratic Governance Structures
- Organizational and Cooperative Training
- Participatory Management and Leadership Development
- Transition of an Existing Business to a Worker Cooperative
- Worker Cooperative Incubation and Business Development: roadmap and capacity planning
Service Provider Referrals
The DAWI team offers referrals to experienced professionals (legal, accounting, marketing, organizational and business development) who support worker co-op development.
In coordination with the U.S. Federation of Worker Co-ops, DAWI also provides referrals for highly specialized peer advice from the Democracy at Work Network (DAWN), a network of peer advisors. Please visit www.dawn.coop for more information.